First Aid

If you see that the cat is ingesting or suspecting a poisonous plant, try to make the cat vomit immediately, for example, by putting salt on the back of the tongue. Remove any possible residue from the mouth. In any case, consult your veterinarian as soon as possible. The veterinarian may administer an effective vomitant. If you go to the veterinarian, take the plant that has been eaten with you.

If two or more hours have elapsed since the plant was taken, it is not wise to let the cat vomit. It is then necessary for the veterinarian to apply a stomach rinse, using large amounts of water. In addition, the veterinarian will have to help the intestines to remove the poison. Be alert for signs such as nausea, vomiting, and eating badly.

Avoid unnecessary dangers, and make sure that there are no dangerous plants in the house or garden.

Scroll to Top